Thursday, March 4, 2010

Change of Plans

I'm sitting in T's brightly lit kitchen. It's mid-morning, and I'm happy. I feel it most when I'm with him.
"Okay close your eyes and turn around." He says smiling playfully.
"Whyyy?" I whine, trying to suppress my smile.
"Do it or I won't give them to you." He says sternly.
"If you bought me something I'll kill you." I warn, turning around and closing my eyes. He kisses me on the head and I hear him walk back to rummage through a cabinet. I'm nervous. 'What if he bought me clothes and I don't fit them?'
"Okay turn around!" He says.
Hes wielding a brand new set of metal measuring cups; a light blue bow is stuck to the handle of the 1/4th cup.
"Oh T you're the best!" I scream. I feel better than if he would have gotten me jewelry. I throw myself on him, crushing the measuring cups against my empty stomach.
I stick them in my oversized purse so I don't forget them and T and I get in his car to drive back to my house. I sit down, buckle my seat belt and look up when I feel him staring at me.
"What?" I say, noting the concerned look on his face.
"Can I ask you something? He says carefully.
"Uh.. why do I have a bad feeling about this?" I laugh nervously.
"So.. why we're you so upset about your stepdad throwing out the measuring cups?" He says, turning in his chair to fully face me. He's holding the keys in his right hand.
"Oh. Because they were mine and he did it just to piss me off. I don't know, I just really don't like people touching my things I guess." I lie. I shouldn't have told him I was upset about the measuring sups. Sometimes I can't keep my mouth shut.
"Are you being honest with me?" He says, looking straight in my eyes. I pause for a minute, feeling squeamish.
"Sure." I say, smiling. The facade is back up.
"Soph.. Do you have an eating disorder?" He says plainly. He's not letting this go.
"Excuse me?" I say my face turning red. I've been caught. I try to think of a way to get out of it. I know he'll know if I lie.
"Eating disorder. Do. You. Have. One." He says. He looks like he just asked me what the weather is going to be like tomorrow. His eyebrow is cocked.
"Uh.." I say.
"Oh just tell me already." He says exasperated.
"Eating disorder? Something like that." I say, afraid of his reaction.
"Well alright then." He says lightly and turning back to put the keys in the ignition.
The ride back is an extremely long one for the fact that he lives so far away from me. We talk about all kinds of things. He tells me he plans on moving back to where I live. I'm excited. I ask him if he has enough money to. He says he'll figure something out. I know he's broke and feel guilty for him buying me things. Sitting in the car, I get the bright idea that he should come stay with me for a few weeks until he gets on his feet. He's apprehensive at first because of his pride, but likes the idea for getting to spend more time with me. I realize that it's a shitty idea with the way I live, but I don't care.
"So I'll talk to my mom then." I say with a big stupid grin on my face.
"Sounds like a plan babe." He says. He's smiling too. Suddenly he clears his throat and looks nervous. "Hey there was something I wanted to ask you." He says, staring out at the road.
"If you ask me about the eating disorder thing again, I'll throw you out of the car." I say.
"No not that. Something else." He laughs nervously. My mind goes to me and G. Could he know?
"Well hurry up and ask me before I have a mild heart attack!" I say, anticipating the question.
"Uh.. okay well.. I know that we haven't really been going out that long and stuff.. look and if you don't want to, just say so. No pressure." He says. We stop at a red light. His knuckles are white from the pressure of him holding the steering wheel.
"And uhh... well since I'm getting an apartment where you live and stuff, and your living situation really sucks.. well I just wanted to know like.. Would you want to come live with me? I mean like since you really don't get along with your family and everything.. I get kind of worried and uh.. yeah. You don't have to if you don't want to." He says. I'm dumbstruck.
"OH MY GOD YES!" I scream. I finally have a ticket out of hell. He's a godsend. A godsend with a car, a job, and a future apartment. 'Could something great actually work out for me for once?'

Later I talk to my mom and she's completely cool about the whole thing. She tells me that as long as he works, he can stay as long as he needs. I call him and we have a mini-celebration over the phone. A glass of champagne for each of us, and we spend the rest of the time talking about getting a puppy.


Afterwards, I start thinking about all the possible problems. What if he comes here and we don't work out? He's going to see me eat. What if I feel trapped? He's going to see me when I wake up and my hair is jacked. He's going to see me at my worst. I know that after he comes I won't be able to see G too often anymore. A part of me will miss what we had. A part of me still hates him for almost leaving for the army.

Am I really ready for all this shit?

I just hope that it works for a little while. I'm not going to sit here and say I hope we get married and we're "together forever" all this shit because I'm not stupid enough to think a high school relationship is going to last [That and the prospect of marriage horrifies me.] but if it works out long enough for me to get out of my house and get my own place, then great.

The only problems I have with this is that I need a lot of space and I get irritated easily when around someone for an extended amount of time. I have a habit of feeling suffocated. Also, [I'm sure you all saw this coming], I'M A FUCKING WHALE. I have approximately two weeks to make myself look like a Victorias Secret model. [and you better believe I'm going to lose weight like never before.]

I had 400-something calories yesterday, and today I'm back to fasting. Hopefully I can fast for a good 7 days, eat for three days, and then fast some more until he gets here. If I'm not dead, I'll look fabulous.


XOXO Sophia Ruins <3

10 comments:

  1. it's really hard living with someone when you're trying to control weight. when i was 17-21 i was in a serious relationship. we lived together and he knew about my food issues. he said he'd be okay with it. i tried to be honest about it, in a round about way. but once he started seeing and hearing the things i did to maintain a small weight, it freaked him out beyond belief. we ended up breaking up after living together for two years mainly bcuz of how crazy i can be (although, he had his own issues too... but a lot of it was me).

    i know this sounds weird, but i would talk to him about it first so that he isn't overly surprised about things. be careful how you approach the subject (and of course, you don't have to reveal everything), but try to be straight to the point.

    good luck!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, I am so glad to hear that you are going to be out of that horrid living situation hopefully!

    As far as your issues, I'd be straight up with him. Let him know right off the bat you're going to need space every now and again. Let him know you have food issues you're working through (you don't need to be explicit about your eating habits, just glaze over the jist of it). If he knows what to expect, he won't be shocked. And as far as having wonky hair in the morning, well we all do. And if he loves you, he'll love that part of you too ;)

    Good luck, dear. Hope for the best!

    peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't worry darling. You will be fine. He obviously cares for you enough to be okay with the fact that you have an ED right? So things should work out fine. You two will be so happy together no doubt about it. =]

    You are not a whale. I am a whale. Trust me on this one. You are gorgeous so keep being strong okay?

    Strong Thin Love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same way about moving in with my bf. I think the thing to do is to make sure that you both have lives outside of the apartment so that you can have some time to yourself and so can he. It's always fun for the first couple of days or so but if you make sure you guys have time apart or make time apart, it'll be fine for longer.

    And he knows you have food issues so it might not be as bad. Try to make sure he eats separately from you for most meals. Then if you do eat anything, it'll only have to be something small.

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cute that T got you measuring cups - I love when gifts are more sentimental than expensive, it's like someone really knows you and listens to you. Good luck with the living situation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are finally able to get out of the hell hole of your parents. Maybe him living with you at your parents house would be good training for when you move out and live together. One thing I would suggest: Share with him your concerns such as needing your own space, feeling embarrassed about him seeing your hair messed up, ect... Open, honest communication will help your relationship go far.

    Take care and stay strong.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *obligatory statement of congratulations*

    *obligatory statement of concern about possible problems*

    *obligatory unsolicited advice*

    *obligatory encouragement of weight loss*

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. He sounds so amazing. You're lucky to have him. I hope it works out for you guys. Even if you don't want to get your hopes up for the long term, I will for you.
    Side Not: Lol Ancora. Wth? XD
    Anyway, good luck with the fast. Love ya <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. good luck with the fasting! i love reading your blog. =]

    ReplyDelete
  10. My gosh, I'm new here but I absolutely love your blog. T sounds so great, and reading that made me weirdly happy, considering these good things aren't even happening to me hah. Good luck with the next couple of days! :)

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete