okay.
where to start.
Talked to B last night. middle of the night kind of conversation. we were playing 20 questions, and got in the topic of sex.
so i definitely already gave him the whole speech about how i didnt want a relationship like that with him and im not ready for something like that blah blah blah blah blah.
so anyways.
we're playing 20 questions and he goes "how long do i have to wait to have sex with you?"
and i was like
"haha didnt we go over this already?" [thinking he was kidding]
and he was like "yeah.. but to be honest with you i was high as shit when we were talking about that so its not really fair."
yeah. i tried to have a serious conversation with him, that actually meant something to me and he was high and has no idea wtf i said.
so i was like "okay well what i said was that there isnt guna be sex in the relationship because im not ready for something like that and then i told you that if thats what you were looking for then it wouldnt work out. and you said you didnt care about the sex."
and you know what he says?
"of course i care about the sex. thats what relationships are. you cant have a real relationship unless theres sex involved. if there isnt then how are you supposed to love someone?"
yeah. thats exactly what he said.
i said, "a good relationship isnt about sex. loving someone is unconditionally caring about them, being close to them, and having a bond with them. you dont need sex for that. sex is the physical manifestation of an abstract feeling. its not supposed to be the reason for the feeling."
he says:
"well how would you know youre a virgin. youre just young and naive. if youd experienced it then youd know what a real relationship is like."
i say:
"so what all of my other relationships were a joke or something? and how are you guna get off calling me young and naive. obviously im more mature than you are if im smart enough to know when someones just trying to get into my pants."
he says:
"im not just trying to get into your pants. i mean i like you but why would i go out with you if im not getting any. that seems kind of pointless."
me:
"are you fucking joking? thats pretty shitty. i seriously thought that you were someone completely different. thanks for letting me know i was wasting my time with you."
him:
"i mean we can go out if you snap outta that 'no sex' bullshit. you know its healthy for someone your age to have a sexual relationship. are you like afraid of sex or something?"
me:
"why would i be afraid of sex. its just sex. sex to me is nothing more than a pastime and doesnt have a whole lot to do with the relationship. im only 16 and i have the rest of my life to fuck around. why cant you just stop being a dick and see that im not changing myself for anyone. if you dont fucking like me the way i am, then you can go sit your ignorant ass down in a corner somewhere."
him:
"why are you getting so pissed off? im just saying if we went out then it would hurt my feelings and make me really sad if you didnt want to go all the way. its like youre rejecting me. you know i was abused when i was younger right?"
me:
"you know im not fucking retarded right? youre manipulative as shit. come to think of it, i dont like you anymore. in fact, im not really sure why i would like an ignorant manipulative prick like you in the first place."
him:
"why do you have to be like that? i just wanted love okay. thats it. im sorry that in the real world that includes sex. thats what relationships are for. youre guna have to grow up someday you know. youre a beautiful girl. i dont see what the problem is."
me:
"oh cut the innocent 'i want love' bullshit. youre exactly like every other guy out there and no amount of "you're beautiful"s will change that."
him:
"oh so now its my fault that im a man? real men have needs and obviously you cant fulfill those needs. youre the one with problems not me."
me:
"you know what? fuck you. go hop on your own fucking dick. and good luck finding any girl in this city who will deal with a broke ass loser with no job, and no car. you think youre a real man? ive seen real men, and you dont even close to measure up babe. looks like youll be stocking up on lotion for a while."
him:
"wtf is wrong with you? why are you being such a bitch? im sorry if i made you mad but we can still be friends right?"
me:
"loose my fucking number kid."
and thats it.
that was our conversation.
i had a feeling.
i so had a feeling.
how did i fucking know?
i liked him.
i really like him.
but thats it.
it lasted what, a whole week?
im not sure exactly how long it was, but it was pretty fucking short lived.
and to think we were talking about getting an apartment together for a few months during the summer.
so last night i lay there.
feeling like my lungs had been pissed out of my chest. so pissed off my face was the color of a lobster.
i went to sit outside on the roof of my moms car.
and i lay there.
a gaping hole where my stomach should be, smiling up at the stars.
and there goes my reason.
and the sad part is that even though i barely knew him,
he was a reason.
he was a reason to smile every once in a while.
he was a reason to really listen to the words of stupid love songs on the radio.
he was a reason to get up out of bed and get dressed in the mornings.
he was a place to go, he was someone to talk to, he was someone to relate to.
and i made the mistake of thinking that things were the same way for him.
he said something to me once, along the lines of 'youre the girl ive been waiting for, like the missing piece to my puzzle.'
and maybe it was that line that had me going.
now im left shelled.
empty and hollowed.
all because im not like other people my age.
just because i know what i want and what i dont.
this is in no way my fault.
but oh how im paying for it.
i dont miss him at all.
i didnt love him at all.
i miss who i thought he was.
i loved who i made him out to be.
and im not going to eat today.
i havent been on the scale today.
im not going to eat tomorrow.
and ill get on the scale in the morning.
i dont want to eat the next day.
or the next day.
or the next day.
im not upset, im just pissed off
im. not. upset. im. just. pissed. off.
imnotupsetimjustpissedoff
im upset and im pissed off and im let down because i knew exactly what kind of person he was when i first met him but i was hoping for more and i was hoping that the world would be a different place than it turned out to be and he proved that its just as shitty as they say and i dont want to eat because when you eat youre alive and when you suddenly become alive, it hurts to die again [when your metaphorical death is inevitable and everywhere].
its everywhere.
its in your friends that stab you in the back,
its in the boys that break your heart,
its in your family that doesnt care,
its in your future,
your past,
your present...
and its funny because no matter what we do, no one will ever be able to escape the random points of pain throughout life. they're inescapable but all i do is try to run from then when i know that one day ill have to stand and DEAL with the pain.
but for now,
i will simply starve.
XOXO Sophia Ruins <3
Tuesday, April 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That really sucks that he turned out to be like every other guy. If he really cared about you it wouldn't even be a topic of discussion yet...I mean 1 wk give me a break! I'm proud of you for remaining strong to your convictions and beliefs though a lot of girls don't and they regret it later. Definitely don't rush into sex if you're not ready and 16 is still young...I was 19 the first time.
ReplyDeleteAw hun I feel for you. Guys can be such twats! They're so sex obsessed. I don't know what to tell you. You'll find someone who doesn't want anything more than cuddles and kisses? I don't know. I'm not trying to like pressure you or anything but why don't you want to have sex? I don't mean with him. He sounds like an asshole. But with no one? Not even if Prince Charming came along? So how old do you want to be? Sorry if you feel like I'm being rude. I'm not! I just wanna know more about your opinions on the subject. Loving you and your blog. Stay strong. Xxxxxx
ReplyDeleteURGH! I'm so sorry for you.
ReplyDeleteWhile I agree with the idea that sex is part of a relationship ITS NOT YET! You can love someone and enjoy their company and make out all the time and all that stuff when you're sixteen! Its the best time for it! I'm so proud of you for standing up for yourself even though it must have hurt. You deserve better. (That wasnt intended to be patronising - when i was sixteen it felt like all my friends were in serious sexual relationships. I waited till I was 18, and I wanted to.)
haha im all for sex, just not now.
ReplyDeletei feel like i, personally, am to young for it.
and i mean it wouldnt be a problem with the right guy and in a few years, but i dont want to rush into anything now, especially with the way most guys are
I FEEL THE SAME WAY!
ReplyDeleteAnd I'm totally using your "sex is a physical manifestation of an abstract feeling" line. That describes it PERFECTLY.
You are so strong for sticking to your guns, and never lose that about yourself. Oh and DON'T feel bad. He is nothing.
I'm so so sorry hon. I crossed my fingers and hoped for you guys, but you don't need him. Especially not if he is going to try and change who you are inside. Stick to your guns. I know it hurts, but it will pass. And he will see that he once had someone so special, so amazing, and he let it slip away over something as trivial as sex.
ReplyDeleteI wish that I had been as mature as you are when I was sixteen. I wish I hadn't fallen for all that bullshit and believed it to be true. It hurts now but you'll be glad in the end. I couldn't be more proud of you. In the end it's not about having sex or not having sex, but having it for the right reasons and not being pushed into it.
ReplyDeleteThere will be so many more guys! You will find someone that's right for you in every way. Take care dear.
Hey sweetie, i'm 26 years old and when I was 16 and guys use to do this to me I wish I was more like you. I was so dumb and I let them have sex with me. It is something I deeply regret- All guys at that age want is sex nothing more than that. I learned the hard way. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself- he sounds like a jackass! Good for you...!!
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry things ended up like that. Guys can be terrible. I'm so glad you stood up for yourself...you are...a stronger person than I am in a lot of ways. Good for you!
ReplyDeleteOh and I'm rooting for you to find the right guy, someone who will treat you right, on your own time though.
Good for you, hun! I'm so proud.
ReplyDeleteJeez, that dick sounded like he was recycling every line from every after school special on sex I've ever heard. I guess it was a good thing I spent my 4 years of high school dating a gay man ;)
And I know we always talk about how "strong" we are in regards to food and weight, but you are one of the emotionally-strongest and mature 16yr old I've ever had the pleasure to communicate with. You should be extremely proud of yourself that you can stand up for your convictions. No small feat.
Anyway, I know you're mad/hurt now, but channel it into something positive. And if you can't, I swear to God I'm going to have to walk all the way to where you live and teach all these tiny dicks a lesson!
What an asshole. I really hate guys sometimes.
ReplyDeleteI'm really proud that you stuck it out and kept to your beliefs. I didn't I was pressured into it at 15 and have hated myself so much for that.
I thought that if I slept with him, he'd love me, but turns out he just loved sex which kept him demanding it all the time. I was no longer a person, just an object of pleasure (for him)
Keep strong, don't let people push you around.
You've got plenty of people who love you here, and are always willing to talk about anything.
Love, Mel
You're my new hero. You're fantastic. So mature and together. You're replies were sharp and spot-on. Good job for sticking to your values, some guy will most definitely appreciate that more than anything one day.
ReplyDeleteUgh what a fuckwit! Im so sorry he appeared to be someone special then just fucked you over.
ReplyDeleteSo proud of you for not giving in to him! You knew exactly what to say. Dont give in to anyone you dont want. I know you wont.
Hope you're doing ok hun.
darling, you did the right thing
ReplyDeletenever question that
sex is something you do when you're ready, with a person that you love - or at least thats my opinion
I've only ever slept with one person
and thats the guy I've been with the for past 2 and a half years
and we waited 9 months before taking that step
B sounds like the type of guy that goes out to night clubs, meets a pretty girl who is a little tipsy, and gets her smashed so he can have his way with her
I'm so proud of you for what you did
not many 16 year old girls would do that to the guy they were with
you're a strong girl
and you know what you want
and what you want for yourself is always going to be the most important thing
stay true to yourself
and be proud of the person you are
one day, and I hope it's soon, you will find someone who loves you for you
and who is willing to wait to be with you in that way until you are ready
thats the person you should be with
and thats the person you will be with
it might just take a while for them to find you
stay strong darling
I know you are
xxx
I cried reading your post
ReplyDeleteWhy are people so fucking horrible?
No wonder we are so screwed up.
Magic doesn't exist.
:(
xx
Ah, yes; boys. I don't have much to add. You did the right thing, I know you know you did.
ReplyDeleteSophia, it might sound weird and a bit out off topic but have you ever considered a writing career? Before your weight loss goal, before all the rest that's what appealed me first; your writing. And you are just 16? Jesus! You remind me of a mix between Chuck Palahniuk and Jonathan Lethem. :)
Anyway, I really enjoy reading you. Stay strong and you'll see, everything will be in it's right place someday.
Love,
Augustine
I’m so disappointed that B turned out that way too. Man. What a man-bitch. Haha.
ReplyDeleteI’m proud of you for sticking to your morals and not being like those wimpy girls who let guys walk all over them. This just shows how strong you are! Don’t feel bad over him at all. He’s not worth it!
And I’m with Hana – the line "sex is a physical manifestation of an abstract feeling" is perfect.
Stay strong, beautiful Sophia. :)
<3 Samaire